Sunday, September 2, 2012

Segment Marketing


In ancient times, customers came to the market and toured the market to buy their needs. When civilization has invented the wheel, the seller traveled to the customer with a variety of objects, going door to door hoping for a sale.

Incorporate the technology. Thanks to the Internet, everyone has the opportunity to do a segment of our market out there, to acquire a reliable piece of the pie, so to speak.

Here's an example. When we moved to the farm, a girl in high school was selling tomatoes door. He said he loved growing tomatoes, and many had thought of selling. Since we already had a garden, and lots of tomatoes, I did not buy anyone. I saw it during the week and I asked how sales were going. "I had to throw them all out it seems that everyone grows tomatoes I grew rhubarb - ... Something that not everyone has, but it takes a while 'to develop."

Several years later, I saw her at the Horse Creek Store. He had since married and had her two children with her. "How are sales going?" I asked.

"I started a new business. I love asparagus. And I thought there must be others out there who do, too. So I started a patch of asparagus. My client list is growing and I am increasing the size of my patch. "

With the discovery of another area of ​​interest, one that was not overcrowded, and not highly competitive, has discovered Marketing. Instead of seeing the world as its market, has reduced its sights to focus on only a small segment: those who love fresh asparagus. It grows more tomatoes, but she does not try to sell them.

Internet will allow you to enter the field marketing industry. Once you discover what your personal photo territorial marketing strength is, which will focus on shooting in that area, because you will find photobuyers looking for images in this topic. Why do you speak the language of photobuyer, is to build a working relationship with each of these buyers, which can last a lifetime. This also translates into substantial cash flow accordingly.

Marketing will guide you towards building a file of stock that have a potential marketing, and sway you away from the shooting generic images (tomatoes) that are beautiful, but are hard to sell ....

No comments:

Post a Comment